Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Travel and Registration Grant
The primary purpose of the grant is to provide AASM members whose demographic characteristics are underrepresented within the AASM’s volunteer and leadership population an opportunity to become more engaged so one day they are no longer underrepresented. The grant will cover Free SLEEP registration and a $1,500 stipend for up to 5 recipients (when SLEEP is held as an in-person meeting)
Eligible underrepresented groups are defined by the AASM using demographic data from the July 2021 DEI report as follows:
- Members who are西班牙裔/拉丁语,Black/African American,美洲原住民/阿拉斯加,Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, and those withinOther/Mixeddemographic category whose overall members are small and in total are only 5% of the AASM leadership population.
- Member of Small Group Practice和Solo Practice (Owner)who in total represent 31% of members who reported their practice setting and are only 7% of volunteers and 10% of leaders. Includes Clinical providers or Technicians with small group or solo practice.
- 自我认同为代表性不足的人的个人but are not included above are eligible to apply. This could apply to categories where the AASM does not have enough data to measure representation such as sexual orientation and gender identity, or certain medical specialties such as Pediatrics and Anesthesiology.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
*Economic hardship is not a requirement to receive the grant. Preference will be given to first-time applicants who meet the above qualifications.
- Online application form with personal statement questions
- Curriculum vitae (CV), bio-sketch or resume
Applications for the 2022 grant are due 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on February 21, 2022.